Here at the Ranch we offer group training classes hosted by our Certified Trainers in our indoor climate controlled training arena. Group Classes are different from our Stay & Learn and Play & Learn programs because in our classes you actually perform the training under our trainer’s supervision.
We offer four levels of progressive obedience classes starting with a free training orientation. You’ll progress through the levels at your own pace. In this format we will take you and your young puppy or adult dog from basic obedience through intermediate obedience training. For your convenience we offer the classes during the day on Saturdays, as well as Tuesday & Thursday evenings. If you can’t make it every week, that’s okay. Classes are designed to allow you to miss when needed and not fall behind. You can enroll at any time, come when you can and graduate when ready.
If you have a young puppy, puppies that attend six classes and six puppy socialization times will be qualified to take the AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy certification test. These puppy socialization times are available on Tuesdays at 7:30 pm.
- Level 1: We start with sits and downs, loose leash walking, recalls and an introduction to the climb.
- Offered Saturday at 11:00 am
- Offered Tuesday at 7:00 pm
- Level 2: Sit-stay and down-stay w/ duration are added. We start formal heeling, adding duration to the climb, and longer recalls.
- Offered Saturday at 11:45 am
- Offered Thursday at 6:00 pm
- Level 3: We begin adding distractions to the sits, downs and climb. We add turns and pace changes to heeling. Recalls have distance and speed added to them.
- Offered Saturday at 12:30 pm
- Offered Thursday at 6:45 pm
We find dogs that are proficient at Level 3 curriculum tend to pass the Canine Good Citizen test at this point in training. We will offer testing once a month for those interested in the CGC award
- Level 4: Sits, downs and climb are proofed with heavy distractions, longer duration and distance. We add sharp turns, about turns, quick pace changes and sit/down in motion to heeling. Recalls are solidified by coming through distractions.
- Offered Saturday at 1:15 pm
Here at Carolina Ranch Dog Training, our trainers and staff welcome sharing feedback from all our clients.
Has your dog received training with Carolina Ranch Dog Trainers and you have not yet left a review? We want to hear from you. Please leave a review today! It will only take a minute and your knowledge is valuable to our success.